POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Patchy stuff : Re: Patchy stuff Server Time
1 May 2024 19:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patchy stuff
From: gregjohn
Date: 4 Mar 2005 11:40:00
Message: <web.42288e49cd38277440d56c170@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Here's the current state of MegaPOVPlus, my patch collection
> built on MegaPOV 1.1. The archive is a complete Unix source
> distribution of  MegaPOV 1.1, with my patches applied.
> blob2 object (a new version of the blob object, which
> supports more  components and gives smoother looking results)

I'm very interested in using blobs to model people.  I've come up with all
sorts of workarounds with 3.6 SDL code to give smoother looking results.

Is it possible to show a blob{} and blob2{} attempt at a bicep & forearm?
Here, I'm simply talking of almost any combination of a single sphere and a
single cylinder where the cylinder does not go through the sphere's center.
 Could you render up a pair and post it please?

If the benefit in natural organic looking-ness were sufficiently improved, I
would buy a UNIX box and compiler just to get my hands on this patch.

Thanks.